Lavender Essential Oil
Product is not available
Inclusive of all taxes
Lavender (Lavandula x intermedia)
Lavandula x intermedia (which is also known by the name Lavandula hybrida) is the variety of lavender commonly called “lavandin.”
Lavandin is a naturally occurring hybrid between two lavender species: Lavandula angustifolia and Lavandula latifolia (a.k.a “Spike Lavender”) - a pungent-smelling lavender native to Mediterranean Europe). Lavandin is especially known for producing a LOT of essential oil, up to 10x more than English lavender!
Lavandula angustifolia is what many people in the aromatherapy industry refer to as “true” lavender, though technically all plants in the Lavandula genus are in fact "true lavenders".
Benefits of Lavender Essential Oil:
- Eliminates nerve tension
- Enhances blood circulation
- Induces sleep - treating insomnia
- Relieves anxiety and distress
- Helps in treating acne
- Treats respiratory disorders
- Helps get rid of hair lice
Uses of Lavender Essential Oil:
- Rub 2-3 drops of Lavender Essential Oil in between your palms and inhale the scent deeply to calm your brains.
- Put a drop of Lavender Essential Oil on a bee sting or to stop the itching and reduce the swelling.
- Dribble a drop or two of Lavender Essential Oil on cuts to stop bleeding and kill bacteria.
- Rub Lavender Essential Oil on the dry and cracked skin to get rid of it.
- Massage scalp with Lavender Essential Oil to eradicate dandruff from hair.
- Antioxidant Protection
- Used as a Diabetes natural treatment
- Improves mood and reduces stress
- Supports brain function
- Helps heal burns and cuts
- Promotes healthy skin and hair
- Relieves headaches
- Improves sleep
- Relieves pain
- Complementary therapy for cancer
Lavender Essential Oil has long been cherished for its unmistakable aroma, and for the many ways it supports overall health and wellness. It is widely used and accepted for its calming and relaxing qualities. And, due to its versatility and soothing properties, lavender is considered the must-have oil, something to have on hand at all times.
Properties: Analgesic, anticoagulant, anticonvulsive, antidepressant, antifungal, antihistamine, anti-infectious, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antimutagenic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antitoxic, antitumor, cardiotonic, regenerative, and sedative.
Application: Apply to Vita Flex Points and/or directly on area of concern; diffuse.
Blends With: Most oils, especially citrus oils, chamomile, clary sage, and geranium.
Aromatic Influence: It promotes consciousness, health, love, peace and a general sense of well-being.
Odor: Type: Middle Note (50–80% of the blend); Scent: Floral, sweet, herbaceous, balsamic, woody undertones; Intensity: 2